We welcome and affirm all members of the LGBTQIA+ family.
Statements we have signed onto:
- We Will Bless Same-Gender Couples from New Ways Ministry
- A Home for All: A Catholic Call for LGBTQ Non-Discrimination from New Ways Ministry
- Love Tenderly – Sacred Stories of Lesbian and Queer Religious: this new book from New Ways Ministry is an anthology written by twenty-three vowed women religious who embrace their sexual identity as lesbian or queer. While telling their stories of self discovery and acceptance they explore questions related to vowed life, falling in love, and advice they would give to a lesbian or queer woman considering religious life. Readers will be inspired and challenged to deeper consideration of their own psycho-sexual-spiritual journey. You can order the book here.
- Terminology: compiled and adapted by David Huant from "The Amherst College Queer Resource Center's Terms, Definitions, and Labels.” Further adapted and supplemented by New Ways Ministry.
- New Ways Ministry: educates and advocates for justice and equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) Catholics, and reconciliation within the larger church and civil communities.
- Creating a Spirit of Welcome: New Ways Ministry offers a workshop on Integrating LGBTQ Issues in Catholic Schools for Administrators, Staff & Faculty Leaders
- Next Steps: An online series about developing LGBTQ ministry
- Trans-forming Love: New Ways Ministry offers this program of education, dialogue, and prayer about welcoming transgender people.
- For Our "Out" Sisters:
- The next conference for lesbian sisters, congregational leaders, and vocation/formation ministers will be held at Siena Retreat Center, in Racine, WI, March 18-20, 2022
- Womanjourney Weavings Program: a "program of support and education for lesbian sisters, congregational leaders, and formation/vocation ministers. Through conferences, a newsletter, and a listserv, the Womanjourney project networks lesbian sisters and their congregational leaders."
- Learn More About Trans Identity and Ministry: