Who are the Associates?
Associates are women and men, 21 years or older, who desire to more fully live Gospel values in the daily circumstances of their lives. Associates are non-vowed partners who undertake no binding financial or legal commitments to the sisters and continue to live the lifestyle to which God has called them. Associates gather with community for prayer and shared faith life; participate in opportunities for ministry; attend sponsored events and growth opportunities; grow in understanding the charism of the Sisters of St. Joseph; celebrate and share social occasions; and extend the charism, spirituality and mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph in their relationships.
How Do I Become an Associate?
Women and men enter a process in which they experience the spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph through relationships with sisters, associates and other interested people and by learning the history, spirituality and ministry of the community.
- Support and challenge of a faith community committed to deepening a personal relationship with God, neighbor and all creation
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Personal relationships with sisters and associates
- Participation in retreats, days of prayer, workshops and celebrations
- Gatherings in a small community of sisters and associates
- Invitations to participate in local and national activities