The U.S. Federation of the Sisters of Saint Joseph is a dynamic union of all the Sisters of Saint Joseph of the United States who claim a common origin in the foundation at Le Puy, France in 1650. This includes 4203 sisters, 3032 associates and 25 agrégées of 16 Congregations throughout the United States. Members of the U.S. Federation of the Sisters of St. Joseph embrace the Gospel Charism of unifying love for the healing and transformation of the world.
Our expanded membership is the culmination of years of dreaming and bold decision making. The Federation’s Leadership Assembly unanimously made the historic decision in 2017 to open our membership to agrégées, associates, the St. Joseph Worker community, partners in mission, and others who share the charism. You can read more about the origins of this decision here. Previously, only our religious sisters and their staff were covered under the Federation membership. Our expanded members could join in some Federation programs, projects, and committees. Now, the possibility to choose official membership will allow them to find new responsibilities, roles, and ways of participating in our mission.
Why Become a Member?
By joining the U.S. Federation of the Sisters of St. Joseph you are joining a community committed to the “dear neighbor,” the distinguishing charism of the sisters. You will be joining a well-established network that is dedicated to community, ministry, social justice, and hospitality.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Receive a personal “Welcome Packet” from the U.S. Federation office and staff.
- Membership Privileges in Breeze, our online database. This database allows user to contact other Federation members, communicate based on mutual interests, schedule events, and register for Federation events.
- Exclusive access to our monthly newsletter, E-News
- Members-only registration rates for our yearly U.S. Federation programs
- Access to our revamped Members-Only Section on the Federation’s website. The Federation is in the process of redesigning our website and we will be offering exclusive content in our members-only site. This will include unlimited access to our resource section which will feature historic documents, prayer services, State of the Heart guides, justice discussion guides, and much more. The expanded Members-Only section will also host our TIM (Together in Mission) Talks, the Federation’s take on TED talks.
- A voice in the direction of the Federation
- 3 spots on our Leadership Council. The decision-making body of the U.S. Federation will open three slots solely for associates, agregees, the St. Joseph Worker community, and partners in mission. These members will have a chance to make critical decisions for the Federation’s future.
Your Membership Supports:
In addition to the list of above benefits, your membership will go to supporting our international efforts and projects that support our global Joseph family:
- The Congregations of St. Joseph NGO at the United Nations
- The Federation is heavily involved in international projects that support our global Joseph family. Your membership supports our on-the-ground advocacy through the Congregations of St. Joseph NGO at the United Nations in New York, which has had an official presence since 1979. Our presence at the UN allows us to promote the organization’s agenda in its struggle to create a more just and sustainable society, as well as bring the wisdom of our global network of sisters and their grassroots groups to UN debate, policy, and decisions.
- International Justice and Peace Integrity of Creation Commission (I-JPIC)
- Our International Justice and Peace Integrity of Creation Commission (I-JPIC) meets to deepen international relationships while raising the consciousness of our justice work as a global Joseph family. As migration, climate change, and other justice issues expand beyond our national borders, a commitment to global coordination is more critical than ever.
- The Sisters of St. Joseph International Center and Center for Living History
- Your membership also supports the Sisters of St. Joseph’s International Center and Center for Living History in Le Puy, France — where our order started over 350 years ago. The Center engages with Sisters of St. Joseph, associates, and lay partners in deepening their understanding of our mission and charism, filtered through a global lens. Participants in the Center’s programs make connections with our sisters throughout the world. Your dues also help to bring some of our global sisters who lack the financial resources to the Center. These sisters are then able to bring critical trainings and programs back to their respective congregations throughout the world.
- Individuals will pay $50 a year
- Families (people who have more than one member of their family who is part of our expanded membership categories) will pay $75 a year
- Institutional Rates are available for our partners in mission that may want multiple members to represent their institution in our Federation membership. The cost for the dues would reflect the number of “membership seats” that the institution would have. Those people designated by that Institution to fill their “membership seats” for the year would be entitled to all the benefits afforded to members.
- 0 to 5 membership seats = $100.00 per year
- 6 to 10 membership seats = $150.00 per year
- 11 to 25 membership seats = $200.00 per year
- 26 to 100 membership seats = $250.00 per year
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions about membership or benefits.